It’s time for another Frugal Food Friday post! Today I am sharing another family favorite. This recipe is so incredibly simple. I make chicken broccoli Alfredo at least every month. Sometimes twice a month. The recipe calls for so few ingredients that it’s a cinch to whip up in the afternoons.
What you need:
1 lb. pasta, either spaghetti or fettucine
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 Tbsp. butter
1 lb. package of frozen broccoli
1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 cup homemade cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Seasonings of your choice
What you do:
Start by boiling a pot of water for your pasta.
While the pot is boiling, cube your chicken breasts. Heat a large skillet on the stove and melt some butter in it.
Toss the cubed chicken in the skillet and cook it til it’s done!
At this point you may wish to add some minced garlic and cook for a few minutes.
Throw in a package of frozen broccoli, or use fresh that you have chopped.
Add the cream of chicken soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, and any seasonings such as onion powder or garlic powder.
Once your pasta is cooked to al dente, drain it and toss it with the creamy chicken mixture.
Top with more Parmesan cheese!
I am now accepting guest submissions for Frugal Food Friday! Do you have a frugal recipe you would like to share with my readers? All posts must not be previously published. If you are interested in having your recipe featured on Simple Living Mama, contact me with your idea and I will get back to you with everything I will need for the post. Contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 lb. pasta (spaghetti or fettuccine)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 lb. frozen broccoli
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 cup homemade
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente. Drain
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet and cook cubed chicken breasts.
- Add broccoli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss in pasta.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
- You may add additional seasonings such as garlic powder or onion powder.
- Saute garlic with chicken before adding broccoli for more flavor.