I am now 36 weeks and I am feeling like it’s crunch time. I have to get everything ready for this little man! We got all of his clothes out and Nana washed them all for me. I have most everything I need for him, I just need to put together my own postpartum essentials, set up his swing, and install his car seat, and then we are good to go. These essentials are part of my pregnancy tips!
Postpartum Essentials for Mama
Baby is head down and ready to go! I am measuring at 40 weeks already, which is no surprise to me. I’m known for making large babies.
So, what are my postpartum essentials?
I like to make a little mini kit with the things I need. I get several of my items from the hospital and just bring them home with me. Some things I do buy ahead of time.
1. Extra long pads (bring some from hospital)
2. Tucks pads (bring some from hospital)
3. Bottom spray (bring home from hospital)
4. Ibuprofen (I usually get a prescription for this)
5. Sitz bath (bring home from hospital)
6. Granny panties (purchase ahead of time)
7. Lavender Essential Oil/Tea tree oil (for sitz bath)
8. Nursing Pads
9. Nipple Cream
11. Protein bars/Lots of healthy snacks
12. Postpartum wrap – I prefer to use a cheaper one from Walmart. It’s just a regular waist cincher.
My best advice is to take home what you can from the hospital. I forgot to mention a peri bottle, but they will give you one at the hospital. This is essential that first week or so. You won’t want to use toilet paper after using the bathroom, so the peri bottle helps keep things clean.
I particularly love products from Earth Mama Angel Baby. Their Big Push Birth and Baby Kit contains several amazing products for both mama and baby after birth.
Have you heard of “Lying In?” It’s a period of time after baby is born that mama takes time to rest. I have done this after the births of my last two babies, and it’s been wonderful. Grab a free Postpartum Lying-In Plan by clicking the picture below!
What are your postpartum essentials?