This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GigglesandWiggles #CollectiveBias
Because of my partnership with Gerber, my little one is ineligible to win the Gerber Photo Search or a weekly prize, but you may be eligible so make sure you submit a photo of your baby and/or pet!
I remember the day vividly. It was a cold winter day and I was outside playing just like every other day. I shivered in my windbreaker jacket and then I heard it. It was a faint purr coming from somewhere in the yard. My eyes caught sight of a white and gray furball. A precious little kitten. My little girl heart was about to burst. I had to save it. To my surprise she let me scoop her up. I hid her in a pile of old tires that my dad had stacked up on the side of the house.
When he came home, I begged and begged to keep that kitten. He obliged me. And that’s when my lifelong love of cats began.
We now have three cats in our home. Lucky for them, the kids were here first, so every time we have brought a new baby home the adjustment has not been a big deal, except for the cats being curious of the new car seat and baby gear in the house. The real fun part happens when the baby turns into a toddler.
Toddlers are anything but gentle, and a precious “kitty” can quickly become your toddler’s favorite rag doll. Obviously, this is distressing for your cat, and could make your toddler get scratched or bitten. If you’re struggling with your cat and your toddler, these three tips will help both your cat adjust to your toddler and vice versa.
How To Help Your Cat Adjust To Your Toddler
Teach your toddler how to gently pet your cat.
The first thing you will want to do is teach your toddler how to gently pet your cat. We started by showing Miss Ava how to gently stroke her hand on our cat’s fur.
Her first inclination is to grab a handful of fur or pull an ear. Obviously, Jack will run away if she does this. So, instead, she now knows how to gently pet the cat so he is not so scared of her.
Give your toddler a toy to play with your cat.
Our cats love to chase yarn. So, if Ava wants to play with one of the cats, we let her run around with some yarn while the cats chase her. You can use other toys. Our cats are also fond of feather toys. Anything they can chase is fun for both my toddler and the cats!
Let your toddler help with feeding time.
Finally, I suggest letting your toddler help with feeding time. Ava can fill a bowl with cat food with a little help. This helps the cats associate her with providing them food, one of their favorite things!
We recently switched our cats to Purina® ONE®. They love the Tender Selects Blend with Real Salmon. I found it at Target and it includes 100% nutrition with all your cat needs. There are no fillers and the meat is real and rich in protein. You can find multiple formulas depending on your cat’s health needs.
As for treats for my toddler, we buy her Gerber® products from Target. We recently found these new Gerber Organic Gluten Free Honey Biscuits and she loves them! These were actually made by Gerber’s expert bakers in Italy. They are both organic and gluten free with just the right texture for your toddler!
She also loves the Gerber Grabbers Fruit and Yogurt Strawberry Banana Pouches. These include the new Smart Flow spout that helps prevent her from spilling all of her yogurt all over the high chair. Each pouch has one 1/4 cup toddler serving of fruit from 1/3 apple, 1 1/2 strawberries & 2 tsp banana and includes 2 1/2 Tbsp of yogurt. so it’s a perfect snack!
So, we all think we have the most adorable babies, don’t we?
If you think you have the next “Gerber Baby,” this contest is for you! Read on to find out how to enter.
This photo only needs to include your child!
- Photo search begins on 9/13/17, ends 10/27/17
- Eighth annual Gerber Baby Photo Search
- People may enter by posting a photo of their child on Instagram (must be a public account) using the hashtag #GerberPhotoSearch2017
- People can enter up to 10 times
- Grand prize is $50,000 – can be used toward child’s education
This photo needs to include your child with your pet!
- Additionally there are six (6) weekly winners of Giggles and Wiggles prize packs, one winner chosen by judges each week of the photo search
- A qualifying entry for the Giggles and Wiggles Photo Search would be a photo of both pet and baby
- These entries should use both #GerberPhotoSearch2017, and #GerberGigglesandWiggles
- Each weekly winner receives:
- $500 Cash prize pack, a 1 year supply of Gerber baby food (valued at $600), and a 1 year supply of Purina pet food (valued at $540).
- Promotion not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
Please refer to the Official Rules for additional information.
- For Official Rules, including eligibility and entry requirements, judging criteria and prize descriptions, visit www.Gerber.com/photosearch2017/rules. Void where prohibited.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Puerto Rico, who are 18 years of age or older, have a valid Instagram account and/or email address, and are parents of a child 48 months of age or younger and meet certain background check requirements. Enter search by: 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/27/17.