It’s now the beginning of February and I am looking back at the goals I set in January. I’m also looking at my traffic and my income. Let’s just dive in and take a look at what my goals were last month:
- Reach 100,000 pageviews by the end of 2016. (This is a long-term goal, and I’m pretty far away from it.)
- Finish writing my subscriber freebie eBook by the end of January and launch it. – Nope. I have designed a new content upgrade that I have not fully set up yet. I’m rethinking whether I want to offer my eBook as a subscriber freebie or sell it.
Use BoardBooster to finish perfecting my Pinterest strategy.– I did this, but I think I’m going to tweak it some more. Link each post to at least 3 link partiesper week.– I did this for the most part, but I think I can be more consistent with it. Maintain a consistent posting schedule. 3x per week.– Yay! I did this one! Include at least one affiliate link per post.I did this where I could. There are some posts I just don’t have affiliate links for. I live in Arkansas and can’t use Amazon and some others, so I’m limited. Redesign my newsletter and send it weekly through MailChimp.– I only missed one week while we were out of town. Take Content Upgrade Course with Kirsten Thompson of Sweet Tea LLC.– This course is almost over! I’ve learned a lot, and still have a lot to implement from it.
- Take at least 2 SOFABU courses per month. – Nope. I’ve been too busy!
Work on improving photography.I’ve had my DSLR since 2010 and finally learned how to use manual mode! I think my photography is improving.
Let’s take a look at my numbers for January 2016.
My pageviews grew minimally from December to January. I had a really good month in November with over 41,000 pageviews because I have a Thanksgiving post that does well for me.
January 2016 Income
SwayyEm – $84.92 – This company contacted me to run my ads. So far I’m happy with them. I have an ad manager and have made more money with them than I did with just Adsense.
Adsense – $10.72 – I have one ad in my posts with Adsense.
Media.net – $2.76 – I think I have one ad on my site. I’ve never made much with them.
Affiliates – $2.69
Ugh, I’m horrible at selling. Obviously. I know I need more pageviews if I want more sales. I’m also limited in that I can’t use Amazon. I use Shareasale, Linkshare, some homeschool curriculum, Christian Book, and individual bloggers’ eBooks. I still need to get better at adding affiliate links organically to my posts, too.
Social Fabric – $355
I only did two sponsored posts in January.
Total income – $456.09
Expenses – $46.03
I spent a couple of dollars on photos from Canva, I bought some vectors on Etsy, and had supply expenses for my sponsored posts.
Net Income – $410.06
February 2016 Blogging Goals
- Continue posting at least 3x a week
- Fully set up my content upgrade
- Continue writing the eBook I have planned
- Add more items to my store. I set up a store this month. I plan to sell printables and my eBooks.
- Continue sending out weekly newsletters.
- Research ways to grow traffic. There are A LOT of resources for sale out there promising to help grow pageviews. I honestly do not know what is worth investing in and what isn’t.
I still have lots of work. I’m not happy with my numbers. I know getting where I want to be is going to take time and consistency!
See ya next month!
I’m linking up at Blog with Intention!