Most of us mamas want to do the absolute best that we can for our babies. We spend time picking out their clothes, making the decisions on how we want to diaper them, and trying to decide the best and healthiest way to feed them. It wasn’t until I became a mother that I became a breastfeeding advocate and someone who is concerned with eating real food.
I was really excited when Hilary Kimes Bernstein approached me about reviewing her eBook, First Bites: How to instill healthy eating habits your baby’s first year. Even though I’m pregnant with my third baby, I can honestly say I learned a few new things for the First Bites book review! The book was so interesting that I could not put it down!
First Bites guides new moms on the best food choices for their babies from the newborn days through toddlerhood. It’s an excellent resource if you want to learn:
- Why breastfeeding is the best choice for babies and moms.
- What Biblical scriptures support breastfeeding as the best choice for new babies.
- Real life stories from moms who have been there. Not everyone can breastfeed successfully and many, many women struggle with it.
- The differences between formula and breast milk.
- How to determine when your baby is ready to start solids and what are the best foods to feed him first.
- How to prepare easy, homemade baby foods.
- How to stay in budget when feeding your baby.
- How to know if your baby is having an allergic reaction to a food.
- The dangers of processed foods and how they affect children.
First Bites is all about teaching you what the healthiest choices are for your child.
My favorite part of the eBook is all of the information on artificial colors found in processed foods and how they can affect young children. Who knew a pack of fruit snacks could be behind my four-year-old’s tantrums?
I also really like the hints that Hilary gives to help you get your children on the right path to eating healthy. There is an entire chapter devoted to this topic and the hints are very helpful and they work!
First Bites reflects that Hilary is an experienced journalist. This eBook is not only well-written, but is well-researched. There are 27 chapters jam-packed with information to help you make the best choices in regards to feeding your child. It is well worth the $9.99 price tag.
Hilary is giving away a copy of First Bites to one Simple Living Mama reader! I hope you will enter this giveaway because this book is awesome for all new moms!
If you don’t win a copy of First Bites you can get it here in PDF or Kindle format for $9.99!
Disclaimer: I was given a copy of First Bites in exchange for my honest review. This post does not contain affiliate links.
Happily Linking To: