Let’s talk 2016 goals! A couple years ago I made a little goal planning worksheet for the Life: Simplified Project. I love setting goals and working toward actually making them happen. Each month in 2016 I want to go over my goals with you and show you where I’ve succeeded and where I haven’t. We will be talking blog business goals, personal goals, and financial goals!
My 2016 Goals
Blog Business Goals
Last month I read Crystal Paine’s Money Making Mom. I started this little blog way back in 2011 with the hopes of turning it into a business. I would get fired up, feel a little success, and then big life changes would happen and the blog would go on the back burner. You know, stuff like pregnancy, deployment, new babies, etc. While I am expecting a new baby in 2016, I have high hopes to keep rolling along here and not let the blog fall to the wayside.
Money Making Mom is an amazing resource for any woman who desires to make money from home. I have been so inspired on so many levels. I should probably write a detailed review for y’all. 😉 On to my goals:
- Reach 100,000 pageviews by the end of 2016.
- Finish writing my subscriber freebie eBook by the end of January and launch it.
- Use BoardBooster to finish perfecting my Pinterest strategy.
- Link each post to at least 3 link parties per week.
- Maintain a consistent posting schedule. 3x per week.
- Include at least one affiliate link per post.
- Redesign my newsletter and send it weekly through MailChimp.
- Take Content Upgrade Course with Kirsten Thompson of Sweet Tea LLC.
- Take at least 2 SOFABU courses per month.
- Work on improving photography.
Building a Framework is the most comprehensive handbook on blogging I have ever seen. I bought the master package. It includes the eBook, which is chock-full of useful how-to’s and info whether you are just starting a blog or you’ve been doing this a few years like I have. It also includes a printable blog planner, an awesome array of video tutorials and expert interviews, and a private Facebook group full of helpful bloggers.
Inbox of Opportunity is the eBook you need to get if you struggle with your newsletter. Kirsten walks you through exactly how to set up your newsletter in MailChimp, how to import subscribers, how to set up opt-in offers, pop-ups and more! I have referenced these two books countless times and will continue to reference them throughout 2016.
- Stick to a homeschool schedule and help my first grader succeed with reading.
- Write in my Choose Love Journal daily.
- Take more pictures of the kids and learn how to use Lightroom.
- Read at least one book per month that will help and motivate me in some way whether it be in my mothering/marriage, my homeschool journey, or my blogging business.
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water.
- Take my vitamins.
- Get ready for our new baby due in April!
- Monthly budget meetings with hubby.
- Pay off all of our credit card debt by the end of the year, and work on snowballing my student loan.
- Get emergency fund high enough to cover one month’s expenses.
- Pay cash for everything!
So, there are my yearly goals. Some of the blogging goals need to be done in January. I will be sure to check in again at the end of January. What are some of your goals for 2016? If you’re a blogger and you’ve blogged your goals, leave me a link. I’d love to check it out!