Chili Mac – Frugal Food Friday
It’s another Frugal Food Friday! I am sharing another family favorite. My husband especially loves chili mac. It’s easy to throw together and what I love about it is that all of the ingredients are items you should have in your pantry/freezer.
We enjoy this meal with a salad on the side for more veggies! I always keep macaroni, canned tomatoes, and chili powder in my pantry. Hamburger meat is bought in bulk and stored in the freezer. As long as I remember to thaw it out, I can whip up a dinner in under 30 minutes!
An easy weeknight supper made with ingredients from your pantry/freezer.
Write a review
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 TBSP. chili powder
- 1 TBSP. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Bring a pot of water to boil for the macaroni. Cook until macaroni is al dente.
- Meanwhile, brown hamburger with chopped onions.
- Drain excess grease.
- Return hamburger to skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, and cheese to skillet.
- Fold in macaroni.
- Serve immediately.
- You may top the chili mac with additional cheese.
Simple Living Mama https://simplelivingmama.com/