Who doesn’t love easy Instant Pot recipes? This delicious Instant Pot Chocolate cheesecake recipe is creamy and rich. It would make the perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day or any day for cheesecake lovers! Who knew you could make pressure cooker chocolate cheesecake? Let me show you how!
Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
But first, let me tell you about how I fell in love with cheesecake. We had cheesecake only occasionally growing up. My dad was a big fan of cheesecake, but I really didn’t develop much of a taste for it as a kid. The first time I really enjoyed anything cheesecake flavored was when I found the raspberry cheesecake bars from Philadelphia cream cheese.
I’m pretty sure they don’t make them anymore, but I loved the combination of raspberry and cheesecake. I am still not a huge fan of plain cheesecake, but add some raspberry jam to it, and it’s heaven! Then, I discovered chocolate cream cheese. I am a self-proclaimed chocolate lover, so it only make sense that I would adore chocolate cheesecake!
Now, my husband and I often have cheesecake during our little in-home date nights. Since we have seven kids, we don’t exactly get out a lot, but we like to watch TV after the kids have gone to bed and have a delicious dessert to share. When I’m feeling particularly homemakerish, I use my Instant Pot to make my own chocolate cheesecake. Oh, yeah! Cheesecake in the Instant Pot, baby!
Now, baking a cheesecake in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker isn’t the quickest thing you can do. You’ll need to prepare the crust, use a mixer to prepare the batter, and make the chocolate sauce to top the cheesecake. You’ll also need to chill the cheesecake for at least four hours before serving.
This recipe does call for a springform pan to cook your cheesecake in the Instant Pot. You’ll also need to use a silicone ring just for baking because if you cook savory foods with your original sealing ring and use it, it will affect the flavor of your cheesecake. Try this set for your cheesecake.
How do you make chocolate cheesecake from scratch?
This chocolate cheesecake pressure cooker is made with real ingredients and is sweetened with monk fruit sweetener. You are free to use any kind of sweetener you like. To make a chocolate cheesecake, this recipe uses unsweetened baking chocolate in the batter and dark unsweetened cocoa powder in the crust.
The chocolate sauce is made with coconut oil, unsweetened cocoa powder, and sweetener. These ingredients will make your chocolate cheesecake a bit healthier than conventional cheesecakes.
How do you make cream cheese smooth for cheesecake?
No one likes a lumpy cheesecake. In order for this cheesecake recipe to work, the batter ingredients must be at room temperature. You will need to let your cream cheese come to room temperature for at least two hours. Use a stand mixer to beat the cream cheese and the other batter ingredients to get the smoothest consistency.
You’ll want to serve your chocolate cheesecake with the chocolate sauce. It’s an amazing dessert for Valentine’s Day that you can dress up with sliced strawberries. They not only look absolutely gorgeous on the cheesecake, but chocolate and strawberries always go together!
- Special equipment needed:
- 7” springform pan (for 6-quart Instant Pot®)
- Non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper
- Crust Ingredients:
- 1 c. almond flour
- 3 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 T. granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 2 T. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- Batter Ingredients:
- 2 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- ¼ c. heavy cream, room temperature
- 1/3 c. powdered monk fruit sweetener*
- 3 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- *For a sweeter cheesecake, add an additional 1-2 T. powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1¼ c. water
- 10 large strawberries, sliced
- Optional Chocolate Sauce:
- 1½ T. coconut oil, melted
- 3 T. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2/3 c. powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 3 T. heavy cream
- To Prepare Chocolate Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until completely blended and smooth. Use immediately.
- Coat the inside of the springform pan with the non-stick cooking spray or cut the parchment paper to fit the bottom and line the sides. Set aside.
- Prepare the crust by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Press the crumbly crust into the bottom of the prepared springform pan and spread into a uniform layer covering the entire bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer until ready to use.
- To prepare the batter, beat the room-temperature cream cheese on medium-low speed until just blended. (Do not overwork to avoid incorporating extra air into the batter).
- Add the vanilla extract and beat again for 10 seconds or until just combined.
- Add the heavy cream and the monk fruit sweetener and beat for 10-15 seconds or until just combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to incorporate any remaining ingredients into the batter.
- Add melted chocolate and beat briefly until just combined.
- Finally, add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated into the batter. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as above.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and pour the batter on top of the chilled crust. Smooth into a uniform layer and gently tap the pan on the counter several times to release any air bubbles in the batter.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the Instant Pot® and place the springform pan onto the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot®. Carefully place the trivet with the handles positioned upwards for easy removal.
- Add the lid and lock into place. Select the “Manual” button and make sure it is set to “High.” Adjust cook time to 30 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally until the pin drops. Carefully remove the lid and lift the cheesecake out by the trivet handles. Set on the counter to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Once chilled, pour the chocolate sauce on top, if desired, and garnish with fresh strawberry slices before serving. Enjoy!
Tip: Batter ingredients MUST be room temperature for this recipe to work. Allow 2 hours or more to achieve the correct temperature.
Use a designated seal exclusively for baking with your Instant Pot®. Savory dishes will infuse the seal you normally use and affect the flavor of more delicate recipes like this cheesecake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.