Sometimes you just need a delicious comfort food dinner. When I was growing up I ate a lot of pork chops. My mom made a delicious pork chop and gravy recipe that is still my brother’s favorite meal to this day. Now that I’m on the lookout for easy Instant Pot recipes, I wanted to come up with a yummy Instant Pot pork chop recipe that my family could enjoy. This particular dish hits the spot!
Easy Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops
If you’re looking for an alternative to your regular pork chop meal, you’ll definitely want to give this one a try. Pork is known as the other white meat, and my favorite way to eat pork is pork chops. This particular recipe calls for boneless pork chops, which can create a delicious and simple meal.
One of the things I love about the Instant Pot is the ability to sear the meat before pressure cooking. This recipe starts with with seasoning the pork chops. Since this is a healthy Instant Pot pork chop recipe, we are going to simply season our chops with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
In order to give our chops a yummy sear, simple set the Instant Pot to saute mode, add some olive oil to the pot, and work in batches browning the pork chops on both sides.
Once all of the chops have been browned, add them back to the Instant Pot with some chicken broth and cook on high pressure for 20-25 minutes. This will ensure that your seared pork chops are nice and tender.
In order to create a yummy sauce for your pork chops, remove them from the Instant Pot and stir in some goat cheese until melted into the broth. Alternatively, you can use cream cheese. Spoon the sauce over your pork chops.
I like to serve these pork chops with my Instant Pot mashed potatoes and some steamed vegetables for a simple and delicious meal that everyone in my family loves!
Can I cook bone-in pork chops in the Instant Pot?
I haven’t tried this recipe with bone-in pork chops, but you certainly can. You may need to adjust your cooking times.
Can I stack meat in the Instant Pot?
Yes, you can stack meat in the Instant Pot. I’ve often put chunks of frozen chicken breasts in the pressure cooker. I do sometimes have to separate the chicken breasts after cooking and then pressure cook them a little more.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- 6 6-oz. boneless, thick-cut boneless pork chops
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ c. chicken broth
- 6 oz. goat cheese, room temperature and cut into chunks
- Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add half the pork chops and brown on each side, approximately 3 minutes per side. Transfer chops to a plate and repeat process with remaining chops.
- Turn unit “off” and add first batch of chops and chicken broth. Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 10 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and transfer chops to a serving platter. Add goat cheese to the Instant Pot® and stir until melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Serve immediately with some of the sauce spooned over the chops. Enjoy!