A couple of years ago I started a new tradition with my kids. I grabbed a big Christmas gift bag and filled it with fun items for our Christmas Eve gathering. It is now a Christmas tradition in our house. Every year I put together a special Christmas Eve bag with little items that mean a lot to my kids. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money to put together your Christmas Eve bag. I have several Christmas Eve gift ideas both for your wee little ones, and your older kids.
Christmas Eve Gift Ideas
These gift ideas are great for little ones.
- Santa Key – Our current home doesn’t have a fireplace, so every year I put our Santa Key in the gift bag. This one is simple, buy once and use again and again. The Santa Key has special magic and allows Santa to come into our house to drop off the presents!
- PJ’s – I love cute Christmas pj’s for the little ones!
- Hot Cocoa – Of course, you need hot cocoa! Add a bag of mini marshmallows, too!
- Board Games – Guess Who – This year I’m putting Guess Who in our bag, but you can add any family game you want! This is so good for family togetherness.
- Popcorn – Popcorn goes great with a movie…
- Candy Canes – These mini candy canes would be fantastic in the hot cocoa.
- Christmas Movies – Rudolph – Add a Christmas movie to watch before bed. My kids love Rudolph!
Here are some fun ideas for your older kids!
Many of the ideas above would work well for older kids, too. Instead of pj’s you could put in some fuzzy slippers. A new mug would also be a fun addition to the Christmas Eve bag (or box). You could throw in some chapstick and choose movies geared toward an older audience.
Take a look at our Christmas Eve bag from a couple of years ago!
What are some of your Christmas Eve traditions?
A few years ago, I carefully chose some items and