If you’re having a party, you want easy party food. These mini corn dog bites are perfect appetizers for holiday parties AND they make the best fare for kids’ parties. When I was planning my daughter’s Rapunzel party, I needed to come up with a kid-friendly, yet delicious food, and mini corn dog bites made the list! What kid doesn’t love corn dogs? I have to admit, I like them, too! Read on for this incredibly simple recipe!
Mini Corn Dog Bites Recipe
When I was a little girl I loved corn dogs, but I was a little particular about my corn dog. I would peel the breading off and just eat the hot dog out of the middle! I’ve noticed my two year old little girl does that now, too. These days, I actually really like the corn dog breading.
Sometimes I just want to make a good corn dog, but I don’t want to go through the mess of battering a hot dog and then deep frying it. These corn dog bites take all of that extra mess out of the equation. Such a perfect and quick snack!
For these corn dog bites all you will need is two boxes of corn muffin mix, a package of hot dogs, two eggs, and 1 cup of milk.
Add the corn muffin mix, eggs, and milk to a bowl. I didn’t grow up on Jiffy corn bread. My mom always made corn bread from scratch. My husband loves Jiffy, though, so I do use it on occasion!
Stir it all together. It’s incredibly easy to make. And Jiffy is definitely sweet, so it makes a good corn dog breading.
Cut the hot dogs into bite sized pieces.
Put a spoonful of corn muffin mix into each well of a mini muffin tin. Place one piece of the hot dog in the middle of each scoop of corn muffin mix.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 7-8 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with ketchup or mustard and enjoy! These are the perfect party appetizers OR a great snack for the kids!
Since this recipe is so incredibly simple. you could even have your kids make this with you! My daughter loves cooking, and at 8 years old, she could pretty much do this entire recipe by herself.
More Appetizer Recipes
- 10 pack Hotdogs
- 2—8.5 ounces Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together corn muffin mix, eggs, and milk until just combined.
3. Cut each hotdog into 4 equal pieces.
4. Next, coat a mini muffin pan well with the softened butter.
5. Spoon about a tablespoon of corn muffin mix into each muffin tin and place a hotdog in the middle of each one.
6. Bake in oven for approximately 7-8 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Let cool, then dip into mustard, ketchup, or your favorite hotdog topping.
- 8. Enjoy these tasty little bites! Makes approximately 30.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.