Today I am sharing our summer homeschool plans! Last year I wrote about how we were stretching My Father’s World Kindergarten for two years. We ended up not getting much done last summer because I was in the throes of morning sickness. This summer we aren’t using a curriculum. We will be doing some review things, but mostly we are focusing on fun skills!
I made an entire video discussing our academic goals and sharing the few workbooks we will be using this summer. I’m using my planner from The Old Schoolhouse to keep track of things.
Academic Goals for Soon-to-be-Kindergartner
- Work on ABCs
- Learn to Count to 10
- Learn to Write Name
Academic Goals for Soon-to-be-1st-Grader
- Work on reading CVC words
- Counting to 20 seamlessly & work on counting to 100
Our Summer Homeschool Plans
- Lots of free reads, Mama reads a couple of chapters from a book almost each day
- Learn to swim
- Learn to ride a bike without training wheels for six year old
- Lots of free play, building, writing, drawing, and playing outside
I believe in taking things easy. If I didn’t feel my oldest needed extra practice, I probably wouldn’t have him do much at all. Summers are for fun!
I’d love to hear your plans for the summer!