Hey guys! You know large family meal planning saves my sanity, so I’m back with a Walmart grocery haul and large family meal plan for July! This is a one week meal plan + a video of my grocery haul. Of course, I did have some items already on hand to complete my meal plan. These are super simple meals that can be made to feed a large family easily. Keep reading to see my grocery haul and hear the grand total!
Large Family One Week Meal Plan
I typically plan meals without specific dates in mind except for Fridays. We always have pizza on Friday and I don’t dare try to change that or the family will have a fit! You’ll notice there is no pizza in this haul. The only store bought pizza my family will eat is the take and bake pizzas from Aldi, so I will be picking some of those up later in the week.
I do have a couple of slow cooker meals planned this week, but I’ve started using my pressure cooker more regularly and I actually prefer it to the slow cooker. I just modify the recipe to work for my pressure cooker and it turns out pretty well! I own the Farberware Pressure Cooker and really like it!
- Crockpot Creamy Ranch Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon – I always serve my ranch chicken over egg noodles and the whole family enjoys it! I’m planning to share my brussels sprouts recipe soon. I roast it with onion and bacon and it’s soooo good!
- Meatloaf with Mashed Cauliflower and Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans – I have an older meatloaf recipe on the blog that uses stuffing as the filling. That recipe is yummy, but I’ll be making a simpler version that my kids RAVE about this week. I’m trying to cut my carbs and lose some of the baby weight, so I’ll be eating mashed cauliflower and green beans. I’ll also serve mashed potatoes for the rest of the fam.
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Stew with Biscuits – I’ll probably make this chicken pot pie stew in the pressure cooker and serve it with my Papa’s homemade biscuits.
- Hot Dogs + Brats with French Fries and Baked Beans and Watermelon- 4th of July meal. ‘Nuff said.
- Pizza (not bought yet) -Always on Friday.
- Salisbury Steak with Onions and Mushrooms, Sweet Potatoes and Veggies on the Side – I really like making salisbury steak. I’ll serve with caramelized mushrooms and onions, baked sweet potato, and most likely broccoli on the side. Yummy!
- Leftover Night – I don’t have another meal planned. I’m thinking we can definitely pull something together.
Breakfast is pretty basic here. We have lots of fruit, cereal, eggs, and I bought the kids some Danimals smoothies. Those probably won’t last long, though.
Lunch is often leftovers for me. The kids enjoy ham and cheese sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, and I did get some chicken nuggets and corn dogs for a treat.
Of course we do have plenty of ice cream and some cookies for the kiddos to have as dessert throughout the week!
I spent a grand total of $204 at Walmart for my groceries. I try to budget between $150-200 a week these days, so I’m a little over. I’ll need to spend a little less next week to even it out!
What’s on your meal plan?
Need a pretty way to store your recipes? My recipe binder printables are free for subscribers!