I love sharing cleaning tips, and when you can use something you already have in your home to do the cleaning job, even better! Whether it’s lemon essential oil, or actually lemon there are many ways to clean with lemons around your home. In today’s post, I’m going to share with you some of my favorite ways to clean with lemons!
I love the smell of lemon. It’s so fresh and it just smells clean. Not only is the smell of lemon refreshing, but lemons have antibacterial properties that can help with cleaning your home. Here are someways you can use lemons and their juice to clean your home. Some of my favorite homemade cleaning recipes include lemon.
Is lemon good for cleaning the house?
The acid in lemons naturally has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It is effective at cleaning some things, and the scent is refreshing and invigorating.
Do lemons clean germs?
While you can use lemon to help clean your home, the acid is not strong enough to kill dangerous microbes from food or illness, so make sure you keep actual disinfectant on hand for those jobs.
How do you clean your house with lemons?
Here are some ways you can actually use lemons to clean your home. Let’s start with how to use lemons to clean your kitchen!
- Natural Bleach – Lemon juice will naturally bleach stains on white clothes. Rub some lemon juice on a stain and let it dry in the sun.
- Countertops and Cutting Boards – Use a lemon half to wipe down your countertops and cutting boards. You can follow up with a damp cloth to wipe away any extra juice.
- How to clean your garbage disposal with lemons – Grind lemon rinds in your garbage disposal for a fresh scent in your kitchen.
- Use with vinegar – Add some lemon juice to the vinegar you use for cleaning for a better scent and extra antibacterial properties.
- How To clean the microwave with lemons- Place a sliced lemon in the dish with your vinegar to clean the microwave.
- Clean copper pots and fixture – You can use lemon juice to clean your copper pots, and you can polish them with half a lemon and some coarse salt.
- Countertop stains – Get rid of stains on your countertop by letting some lemon juice sit on the stain. Scrub the stain away with a little baking soda. You can also clean your wooden cutting board with lemons in the same way.
How do I clean my bathroom with lemons?
- Toilets – Use baking soda and lemon juice along with a toilet brush to clean your toilet bowl
- Soap scum – Spray the soap scum down with lemon juice, let it sit, and wipe the soap scum disappear.
- Glass – You can use lemon juice to clean glass, or better yet, mix the lemon juice with vinegar for even more cleaning power.