One of the most valuable things you can do both for yourself and your kids is to spend time together as a family. Family discussions, especially in a large family like mine can get crazy and kids who are soft spoken may not be heard as often as they would like. I’ve pulled together a set of printable dinner conversation starter cards for families that will encourage everyone at the table to talk!
What are table talk questions for families?
Discussion starter cards geared toward families are designed to get everyone at the table talking. You can learn a lot about each other from these cards. Our cards offer family friendly questions that can be answered by people of all ages!
Did you know that children who grow up eating meals as a family statistically have a higher level of success in almost all areas of life? Here are some benefits of eating meals together:
- Meals eaten at home as a family tend to be more nutritious.
- Kids who eat family dinners tend to have more variety in their diet and are less likely to be picky.
- Family meals offer parents the opportunity to teach manners.
- Eating together lowers the incidence of obesity.
- Kids who eat family meals tend to be less likely to engage in substance abuse.
As you can see, it is really important to establish a time when your family can eat together. Our free printable table talk cards can make your meal time more engaging and fun. You may still have to drag your teen or tween to the table, especially if they aren’t used to eating together as a family, but it is worth the effort.
How to use conversation cards for kids?
There are a few different ways you can use the printable table topics. Since all you need to do is print out the sheet of questions and cut them out, you can make up a question jar for your family. Use an old mason jar to store the questions and vary the way in which you answer them.
- Have each person draw a different card at the table and answer the question.
- Draw one card and each person takes turns answering the same question.
- Have a road trip coming up? Bring these along and chill out from the devices for a bit.
How to get these conversation jar printables?
If you’re ready to get these table talk cards on your table tonight, simply sign up to access The Homemaker’s Resource Library, check your email for the password, and scroll down to the section For Moms, Kids, and Families. All you have to do is click the link and you’ll be able to download the cards!