If you’ve been around the blog a while, you may know all about the Life: Simplified Project. If not, it’s a project I began with some other bloggers at the beginning of last year. The goal was to get organized and learn how to live simply. I made several goals…
Life has a tendency to throw curveballs. I accomplished several of my goals, but I still have so much I want to do. A new year is the perfect time to sit and reflect on what was accomplished and make new goals on what you still want to accomplish.
I cannot commit to accomplishing a new goal every week. I’m about to have another baby, and I know how life is. However, I still want to blog about the things that I am doing and offer tips and encouragement for others with the same goals. 🙂
Let’s take a look at some of my goals from last year: (Psst…there’s a free printable goal planning sheet in that post.)
Organize linen closet
- Organize kitchen/pantry
- Organize laundry room
Organize kids’ rooms/toys– This is an on-going process. Organize homeschool room Organize living room/entertainment center –I didn’t blog about this, but my husband and I just completely rearranged our living room after Christmas.
We also re-did our master bedroom and organized it.
Overall, I did pretty well with most of these goals. I’m going to get to work on my kitchen soon, so all that’s left is the laundry room!
- Have some sort of “date” with husband once a week. Can be a movie after kids are asleep. – We try. Not always every week.
Re-vamp cleaning schedule– I found my old housekeeping routine works just fine as long as I stick to it!
- Assign children chores – Kids do what they are told, but we do need to set some structured chores still.
- Establish a new homeschool routine – Work in progress. Pregnancy and new baby will throw this off for a while.
- Establish set quiet times for children – Work in progress. Quiet times go so much better when my husband is off work!
Set beginning of the month budget meetings with husband– Accomplished! Will be blogging this soon!
- Establish my own quiet time – Failing miserably.
I didn’t do so well with these goals. This is where I will focus in 2015.
- Plan monthly menus – Did this about half of the year.
Clip coupons weeklyHaven’t blogged this, but we do it.
- Organize once-a-month shopping trips – We did this until I got pregnant. I will be finishing this series this month.
Plan more crockpot meals to save time and trouble –I use my crock pot at least once a week.
- Start making green smoothies again – Eh, I have a Ninja, but I haven’t been making smoothies as often as I want to.
Make more baked goods/baking day– This will be on the blog soon!
Other things I accomplished this year:
I want to get back into making more things homemade, so I’ve come up with some DIY goals for 2015:
- Make homemade yogurt – We eat a lot of yogurt.
- Try making milk kefir
- Continue cooking from scratch and work on improving my cooking skills.
- Try knitting again.
- Continue reading and learning.
- Grow more herbs this spring.
You can find all of my completed projects on my Life: Simplified page. I will continue to add to this list as I complete projects.
If you never want to miss a post, consider subscribing to my newsletter. I currently have some Proverbs 31 printables available only to subscribers, and I plan to add even more freebies in 2015!
So, what are your goals for 2015? Are you trying to simplify and organize your life? I’d love to hear what you want to accomplish in the comments. If you’re a blogger, leave me a link to a post you’ve written about your goals!