How To Clean a Glass Top Stove – Three Methods
When we moved into our new house, I was a little freaked out about the fact that I was going from a gas stove to an electric stove with a glass top. I’ve never had to clean a glass top stove, so I was definitely interested in figuring out all of the cleaning tips and tricks to learn just how to clean a glass top stove. It also didn’t help me that it wasn’t completely clean to begin with, which made my job even harder. Now that we’ve been here two months, I feel like I finally have it figured out!
How To Clean a Glass Top Stove Burner
The easiest way to clean a glass top stove is to avoid letting any grease or gunk bake on to the burner. Glass top stoves should be cleaned ideally after every use. Here’s how to clean it after one use:
- Wait for the stove to cool down completely.
- Remove all crumbs from the stovetop.
- Squirt a little Dawn dish soap on the surface of the glass top stove.
- Using a nonscratching cleaning pad, scrub away all gunk and grab.
- Wet and completely wring out a sponge. Wipe the sponge in one direction on the stovetop to remove all of the soap residue.
- Finish with a microfiber cloth for a streak-free finish.
How To Clean Burnt On Food Off of a Glass Top Stove
This method is for more stuck on messes. I actually had to use this method on my stove to remove black marks from the burners. It’s not as hard as you may think.
- Soak a towel in hot water, ring it out, and place it on your cool stovetop.
- Allow the steam from the towel to soften burnt on food.
- Use a small scraper like this one to scrape the burnt on pieces off of the stove.
- Apply a glass stove top cleanser and wipe with a barely damp sponge until all residue is removed.
- Follow up with a microfiber towel to shine your stovetop.
How To Clean a Glass Stove Top with Baking Soda
Baking soda is often used in cleaning because it works well as a gentle cleanser. Here’s my favorite method for using baking soda on your glass stove top.
- Squirt some Dawn dish soap on your stovetop.
- Sprinkle some baking soda over the soap.
- Use a non-scratch pad to rub the top of the stove and remove the crud.
- Follow up with a barely damp sponge to remove all of the residue.
- Finish with a microfiber cloth.
The methods above should get you well on your way to a shining glass stove top again!
More Cleaning Tips!
These kitchen cleaning tips will help your kitchen sparkle!
How To Clean the Microwave
Learn how to easily clean your microwave.
How To Clean a Refrigerator - The Ultimate Guide
Does your refrigerator need a good cleaning? Learn how to make your fridge look fresh and new with these cleaning tips!
Kitchen Zone Cleaning with Free Printable Checklist
Let's deep clean the kitchen with these kitchen zone cleaning tips.